Twin
Thể hiện: JENNIE
Theo chia sẻ từ JENNIE thì "twin", nhạc phẩm khép lại Ruby mang tính "cá nhân nhất" trong album này. Ca khúc là một thông điệp buồn về mối quan hệ trong quá khứ của cô nàng. Trong cuộc phỏng vấn với Zane Lowe, JENNIE cho biết việc viết bài hát đã đem lại cho cô cảm giác khép lại về mối quan hệ đó. Trong suốt ca khúc, JENNIE nói chuyện với người này như thể cô nàng đang viết một lá thư. Cô thể hiện cảm xúc hối tiếc, hoài niệm, mặc dù tình bạn đang dần tan vỡ nhưng JENNIE tin rằng khi họ già đi, cả hai bên sẽ có thể và sẵn sàng làm cho mọi thứ trở nên tốt đẹp hơn.
Lyrics:
It's like I'm writing a letter,
And I put in a twelve-ounce bottle of Heineken
In the Atlantic on a whim 'cause I know I've been gone too long
But I'm writing a song
It's like I'm writing a letter, but I'm writing a song
It's like I'm writing a letter, but I'm writing a song
It's like I'm writing a letter, but I'm writing a song
Can you just bear with me? We were ten years in
And young and dumb and innocent, my friend
But I knew all along that we were both wrong
It's like I'm writing a letter, but I'm writing a song
It's like I'm writing a letter, but I'm writing a song
It's like I'm writing a letter, but I'm writing a song
I didn't leave ya, I still see ya
When I'm bumping Ashanti, yeah, on a beach, yeah
I didn't hold ya, but I still know ya
We will make up, make things right when we get older, friend
Twin, twin, twin
You and I, we drifted apart
Twin, twin, twin
Like the white clouds under the stars
Do you feel a way?
I blamed the timing, wasn't timing
We was fighting and colliding, man, I just couldn't stay
And I keep your name so, so, so tightly to my heartbeat
Guess I lost you and you lost me, but I put fuel to your flame
[Pre-Chorus]I didn't leave ya, I still see ya
When I'm bumping Ashanti, yeah, on a beach, yeah
I didn't hold ya, but I still know ya
We will make up, make things right when we get older, friend
Twin, twin, twin
You and I, we drifted apart
Twin, twin, twin
Like the white clouds under the stars
Twin, twin, twin
You and I, we drifted apart
Twin, twin, twin
Thể hiện: JENNIE
Theo chia sẻ từ JENNIE thì "twin", nhạc phẩm khép lại Ruby mang tính "cá nhân nhất" trong album này. Ca khúc là một thông điệp buồn về mối quan hệ trong quá khứ của cô nàng. Trong cuộc phỏng vấn với Zane Lowe, JENNIE cho biết việc viết bài hát đã đem lại cho cô cảm giác khép lại về mối quan hệ đó. Trong suốt ca khúc, JENNIE nói chuyện với người này như thể cô nàng đang viết một lá thư. Cô thể hiện cảm xúc hối tiếc, hoài niệm, mặc dù tình bạn đang dần tan vỡ nhưng JENNIE tin rằng khi họ già đi, cả hai bên sẽ có thể và sẵn sàng làm cho mọi thứ trở nên tốt đẹp hơn.
Lyrics:
It's like I'm writing a letter,
And I put in a twelve-ounce bottle of Heineken
In the Atlantic on a whim 'cause I know I've been gone too long
But I'm writing a song
It's like I'm writing a letter, but I'm writing a song
It's like I'm writing a letter, but I'm writing a song
It's like I'm writing a letter, but I'm writing a song
Can you just bear with me? We were ten years in
And young and dumb and innocent, my friend
But I knew all along that we were both wrong
It's like I'm writing a letter, but I'm writing a song
It's like I'm writing a letter, but I'm writing a song
It's like I'm writing a letter, but I'm writing a song
I didn't leave ya, I still see ya
When I'm bumping Ashanti, yeah, on a beach, yeah
I didn't hold ya, but I still know ya
We will make up, make things right when we get older, friend
Twin, twin, twin
You and I, we drifted apart
Twin, twin, twin
Like the white clouds under the stars
Do you feel a way?
I blamed the timing, wasn't timing
We was fighting and colliding, man, I just couldn't stay
And I keep your name so, so, so tightly to my heartbeat
Guess I lost you and you lost me, but I put fuel to your flame
[Pre-Chorus]I didn't leave ya, I still see ya
When I'm bumping Ashanti, yeah, on a beach, yeah
I didn't hold ya, but I still know ya
We will make up, make things right when we get older, friend
Twin, twin, twin
You and I, we drifted apart
Twin, twin, twin
Like the white clouds under the stars
Twin, twin, twin
You and I, we drifted apart
Twin, twin, twin
Chỉnh sửa cuối:
